Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thanksgiving Pictures, only a few weeks late!

We got to have Thanksgiving at our house this year! We were going to have it at Grandma & Grandpa Smith's house, but they were in the middle of having carpet replaced and it was taking longer than anticipated. Now, I've made Thanksgiving dinner a few times, but only for our little family & Dan's sister Jen. So I was a bit nervous about hosting my parents & sister and my grandparents! But my mom & grandma both did lots of the work, so, for me at least, the day was incredibly stress-free! I did not, however, feel relaxed enough to take any pictures. Dan did, although he definitely missed some shots I would've liked. Like of the group, or at least people that knew they were having their picture taken. Maybe next year. Instead, he took a nice one of the food:


And several of us getting ready. Hannah, why aren't you helping?!?

I like how in this one you can see the womenfolk all blurry from working hard, while the boys sit around, clearly bored. We should've put them to work, too!

And one of the pretty carnations my mom got for me.

Now look at all the clean up to do, and I'm all alone. I don't actually remember being abandoned, helpers are probably just out of the frame. But it sure looks like I'm doing all the work! Oh, and Molly looks plenty willing to clean out the bowls!


Katy loves it when Aunt Hannah does flips with her. And Aunt Hannah has way more energy and patience for it than I do.

There are many, many pictures of flipping, and both girls look very happy in all of them!

Katy sure loves her Aunt Hannah!

1 comments:

miriam said...

your thanksgiving looks more fun than mine! and why so many rolls?