Monday, July 19, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Top Ten Reasons We Tell Really Early:
10. It’s going to be awfully suspicious when I suddenly stop going in the hot tub.
9. I start showing within mere days, and I don’t want people to think I’m just getting fat.
8. I also have all the classic signs of puberty – acne, excessive sweating, roller coaster emotions – and need to explain why.
7. We have to tell the kids so they understand why Mommy gets Taco Bell when they get leftovers.
6. Secrets aren’t safe with children, and we want to do the telling rather than just have them spill the beans. (For example, today in primary David made an announcement....)
5. I accidentally tell almost everyone I talk to, and family really should know before random ward members.
4. Then I can complain when I feel yucky.
3. So people understand why I get all emotional about everything.
2. I want to sleep in a yurt at the family reunion, and apparently pregnant ladies get priority.
1. We’re just so excited we want everyone to know!
Posted by Rachel Morrill at 10:29 PM
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
So, remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned I wold blog about the rest of Katy's birthday weekend? I'm not a liar. Here it is!
Friday June 4th (the day after Katy's birthday) Grandma & I took the kids to one of Katy's favorite places in the world - The Bouncy Place. A big warehouse full of bounce houses, slides, etc...what's not to love?!? These kinds of places are all over the place now - where were they when I was a kid?
Tried to get a picture of how excited she was. I succeeded, just not in holding her attention!
The kids like to go down together. This particular time, Katy was NOT waiting! I love how David & Ryan are still sitting at the top, looking a little confused.
So then they went down just the two of them. I'm pretty sure going down headfirst is against the rules. Whatev.
Friday night Daddy rode the train up so that we could have Katy's birthday party Saturday morning. He frequently stays home when we go up for a couple days, but this was an important event!
Grandma & Grandpa got Katy this cute dress to wear for her party! Yes, I picked it out and put it in the cart without asking. I guess I deserve it when my kids do that!
LOVE this girl!
Then that night we went out to Red Robin for Katy's birthday dinner (even though on her actual birthday we got McDonalds on the way up to Kent)! Red Robin is one of my favorite restaurants, but it was totally her choice! Ryan wants to go there for his birthday too. I have trained them well!