Saturday, May 1, 2010

Run for the Animals!


Molly and I ran in a race today! Only, it ended up not being a race. There were no numbers, no timers, and the "5K" ended up being 2.87 miles. But boy did Molly love it! See, this was the Walk or Run for the Animals, with proceeds going to the Humane Society of SW Washington. And the vast majority of participants brought their pups with them! It was Molly's dream come true!

The run began & ended at Esther Short park, with lots of booths set up with people selling pet-related supplies. I've never been there before, so I drove by it before looking for parking. And I could tell the instant Molly spotted it, because she went from happy to be going for a car ride to oh-my-goodness-look-at-all-those-other-dogs excited! She wasn't very patient while we parked. Luckily we found a spot pretty close, walked back, and the other dog smelling began! She smelled the nose and/or tail of lots and lots of other doggies!

And if that wasn't exciting enough, about 20 minutes later we got to run, too! Seriously, Molly was in heaven! I hadn't run all week thanks to a yucky cold, and I haven't run very consistently since moving last fall, so I kept a 10:07 pace, finishing the run at just over 29 minutes. My goal was to do it in less than 30, so it was lucky that it was almost a quarter mile short!


I should've taken a picture of the excited Molly, but I didn't. So here's a picture of Molly & me when we got home. Oh well, better than nothing.

0 comments: