Thursday, January 20, 2011

David's Baptism

Well, it took longer than I intended (what doesn't?), but I finally got some pictures from David's Baptism day uploaded!

So, last year we had church 1-4, then David's Baptism was at 5 (on November 21st). I didn't think we should try to make it home and back, so we just hung out in the church for that hour. David wanted to get his white jumpsuit thing on almost right away, so we have quite a few pictures of him in it. I thought he looked really cute! Of course the pictures didn't capture that, he looks kinda scared/scary...

Like here, he looks very unhappy, but it's the best one I got of the three of them.

Katy had a lot of fun having so many grandpas there! Grandpa Smith, Grandpa Morrill, and Great-Grandpa Smith were all there, making Katy one happy little girl!

Passing the time with Where's Waldo.

I'm busy reading, Mom...

Awww, David and his Daddy :-)

And somehow I totally forgot to have a picture taken of our whole family, so here's proof that I was, in fact, present for the festivities. After the Baptism we went back to our house to have spaghetti & two kinds of crock pot sauces (angel chicken & chicken cacciatore) with Grandma & Grandpa Smith, Aunt Hannah, Grandpa Morrill, Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa Smith, Great-Aunt Patti, Great-Aunt Peggy & Great-Uncle Steve, and my cousin Elena, her husband Kyle, and their kids McKaylee & Marlee. It was a full house! But even with the big crowd, we greatly overestimated how much food we would need and ended up eating the leftovers several times that week.

I ended up typing this up in bits and spurts throughout the day today, hopefully it didn't end up too disjointed!

1 comments:

momentsthattakeyourbreathaway said...

Wow, can't believe David is 8! Time sure flies. So excited he was baptized; good choice David!