Monday, March 21, 2011

Meeting the Sibs

Nathan was born at a pretty convenient time to meet his siblings right away. The boys get home from school around 4, then bedtimes start around 8. Nathan made his grand appearance at 5:33, so his brothers and sister were able to meet him about an hour and a half later!
Look how happy they were!


Getting their first look at the new one! And no, I was not aware that my entire back was hanging out. Perhaps we should photoshop the hospital gown to be a bit more covering... Hey, just be glad I'm sitting down!

Nothing like a newborn to make the other kids look huge in comparison! When did my little Katy get so grown up?!?

Snuggles from the eldest.

Then Ryan's turn to love on the babe.

We have now experienced a 20 month age gap, a 34.5 month age gap, and a 45 month age gap between a new baby and their next older sibling. And thus far (knock on wood!) we haven't really had a problem with any of them. The 20 month was hard because the big brother still needed so much physical attention (diaper changes, food prepared for a toddler, etc.). Other than that, we've been really blessed to not have jealousy issues or anything (again, knock on wood!). David, Ryan, and Katy have all been really excited for their new brother, and at 1 week post birth they're still very happy to have him around! I've been worried that they will be bothered by all the time I spend on him, but apparently they're pretty used to me sitting/laying around due to nausea/exhaustion/bedrest/back pain/more exhaustion/etc., so it isn't that much different to them than the past 9 months. I forsee lots of jealousy when Nathan starts playing with Katy's toys, but that's still many months away. For now, the sibling adjustment has been smooth and happy!

3 comments:

Hermana Smith said...

I'm glad I was there to bring the kids to meet Nathan! Cute pictures :)

miriam said...

I love how happy Katy looks in the first picture, and I love Nathan's face in the picture where Katy is holding him. It is so smooshed and I want to just kiss him!

Tasha said...

Congratulations!!!