Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween pics!

Dan took a bunch of great pictures with his good camera, but I'm unable to get them on the computer. Maybe someday he will and I'll post them...

So, here's what I got with my camera. First off, here are our jack-o-lanterns! I did all 3 of them all by myself (with the children designing the faces, of course) Halloween evening! Hey, we'd been without hot water all week, I didn't want to be all pumpkinified without a way to wash up! So the kitchen knives & I hurried and did these before trick-or-treating!

Here they are on our front porch

And here they are glowing for you! Ooooooh!

Dan had just taken a bunch of pictures of the kids all ready to go out, and I made them pose for one more. They didn't want to take a picture, they wanted to GO!

But apparently we figured out some way to make them smile! I honestly don't remember what we did that would elicit this kind of response. Whatever it was sure made them silly!

And here we are after an hour of trick-or-treating. As you can see, Katy's wig didn't make it. It kept falling off, and she was walking around holding it on, so I took it from her. Luckily I'd had the foresight to do piggy tails with the ends not pulled through, so everyone still knew who she was. And thought she was adorable! In fact, I was curious to see if she really got more candy thanks to getting an extra one here and there for her adorableness, so I weighed each kid's haul. David and Ryan got 2.07 lb and 2.08 lb, so pretty darn identical. Katy got 2.37 lb! That's pretty significant! Now to just resist helping myself too often...

1 comments:

Nadine said...

Oh, they are adorable! I love how their costumes always coordinate! And I'm glad Katy's costume worked out and she didn't have to be the mad hatter.