Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to David!

My goodness, where has the time gone? David turned seven today! I certainly don't feel old enough to have such a big kid!


Isn't it nice to have siblings to help you open your presents? And the family demon...er, dog...lurking in the background!


David got a DS for his birthday last year. Seven months later the top was no longer fully connected to the bottom, thanks to being left on the floor too many times. The repair cost was a bundle, so he had to wait five months for his birthday for us to shell out the money to fix it! I shipped it in last Monday and it was back on Thursday - amazing Customer Service! So David got his DS as his big birthday present for the second year in a row!

Oh, and he only got 3 other presents today - a little Lego set from Katy, a Bakugan puzzle ball from Ryan, and a Star Wars Lego set from us. I was worried he's be disappointed, because we (okay, I) usually overdo things, but he's just really excited about the 4 things he got! I'm proud of him, and encouraged that the small Christmas I'm planning will go over better than I thought!


I am pretty darn proud of myself for whipping this out. I was going to spend $2 on a little tube of black frosting, then decided that oreos were close enough to black, about the same price as the frosting, and way yummier! And the oreo-without-a-lid made a perfect Pokeball button!

Awww, my big kid. I sure love that guy!

2 comments:

miriam said...

yay David!

Nadine said...

He looks so happy! I can't believe how grown up he his either!