Wednesday, January 20, 2010

the video Dan & I lovingly call "Spazzy Rye"

Does anyone else get on the computer with a specific purpose in mind, then forget what that purpose was and spend lots of time doing other things? I sat down to upload this movie, then I played around on the internet for 40 minutes, almost getting up without ever doing it. I'm either old or crazy. Or both.

So, we have learned that the boys CANNOT go to sleep if they are both awake in their room at the same time. For a while our solution was to put Ryan to bed at 8:30ish, then David at 9ish. And Ryan would be asleep, so David would nicely go to sleep as well. Then for some reason Ryan stopped going to sleep so nicely. So it would be time for David to go to bed, and Ryan would still be lying there making Ryan noises (they sound like rocket noises, but they frequently are actually something else, like superhero noises or Bakugan noises...).

So the solution to this is to have David go to sleep in his bed while Ryan goes to sleep in our bed (doesn't work the other way around, David doesn't go to sleep in our bed, and Ryan continues to play with nothing). He actually likes to do this, which may be feeding the problem. The only reason I'm opposed to this solution, though, is how hard it is to get him back in his bed. He sleeps on the top bunk, and I have to try and climb the ladder while holding his sleepy self - not very safe. So I usually make Dan do it since he is very tall and strong and can just lift him into his bed.

But we still encounter the problem of how weird Ryan gets when we do the transfer. He doesn't just sleep through it, but he doesn't wake up all the way either. It's pretty funny. Clearly, it's VERY funny to us at midnight when we kick him out to make room for us!

Make sure you watch the movie all the way through, the last second is my favorite part!

---NOTE - We are having problems getting the videos to work right now. Dan is at work, and Rachel is locked out of the office. We will fix the video and update as soon as we can.---

3 comments:

miriam said...

poor ryan. making fun of him like that.

and apparently it was blogger issues with video. my video of ruby wasn't working either.

Nadine said...

I laughed so hard! Thanks for sharing. And don't worry, I sit down to my computer with something specific in mind too and then surf the net forever. Usually facebook.

Jen + 3 said...

LOL - that was funny! Poor Ry - his mostly asleep brain is like, "Must save myself! Quick - grab whatever I can find!"