Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Morning at the Morrills' House

Just another Monday morning here at the Morrills' house. Just when life as a stay-at-home mom starts to get monotonous, the kids find a way to change things up!

Apparently Katy has learned a new skill - chair climbing! Lovely. I went to the bedroom to help the boys pick out their clothes, and came back out to this. She was certainly proud of her accomplishment!

And since I've been blogging she has climbed, not just on the chair, but all the way onto the table - twice! Oh NO! That was the one place I could put things I didn't want her to get! And we have one of those counter height tables, so falling off will be extra dangerous. Kathryn, haven't you had enough accidents?!?


One of David's chores is to use a clorox wipe on the doorknobs & light switches. I don't know how good of a job he does, but it's got to be better than not doing it! I've told him how important of a job it is, because it helps to keep us from getting sick. So this morning he came back to me and told me "I cloroxed the cat." What? Like, Marzipan, our real cat? Yup. He wiped her down with the clorox wipe, so that we can touch her without getting sick. Um, David, don't do that. "But she didn't mind!" Still not a great idea, Buddy.


And Ryan...still in his jammies, laying on David's bed. David got dressed, put his jammies in the hamper, fed the dog & fish (cat's dish was full), cloroxed the knobs, light switches, and feline, and went downstairs to play. Ryan just laid on the bed. I wonder if he's just being four, or if he will end up on ADHD meds like his brother...

2 comments:

Emily said...

Don't you love it when they start to climb?!?!? I had to move my knife block because Sammy was climbing up on the counter and cutting apples with my Cutco knives...seriously. Don't they know that they can get hurt?!?!?

miriam said...

cats are dirty.......she might have needed it! but if I were to clorox wipe a cat, I think I'd pick jemma...I'm not an instigator...