Friday, April 24, 2009

"oh no, squirrel!"

I love how everyday events are exciting for children. Katy and I just went to get the mail, which is just a short little walk. But, being far more aware than I am, she suddenly became excited about seeing a squirrel. It then went under a car, and we walked past to the mailbox. As I was unlocking the box, it came out on the other side of the car and climbed on the tire. This was very exciting for Katy! Who would've thought a common little squirrel (like the one in the picture, but with a pretty scrawny looking tail) would be so exciting?

Then it went back under, so we started walking home.

"Oh no, squirrel! I miss it."

Well, what's a mommy to do? We went back and saw it again for a bit. It had come back out from under the car, and sat nicely on the driveway about 10 feet from us. What an exciting trip to the mailbox!

1 comments:

Nadine said...

Why is Katy talking in sentences? She is supposed to be a baby! Very cute though. I'm glad she likes squirrels.