Thursday, February 25, 2010

Painting the Bathroom!

Our downstairs half bath is painted a wimpy pale minty green. It's very blah, but not as AWFUL as some of the other paint colors the previous owners chose. So it didn't get changed in the first rush of homeownership adrenaline. I'm starting to hate it enough to expend energy to change it. Oh, and the toilet is having issues and needs to be replaced, so we might as well beautify the room in the process!

So I am feeling inspired by this blog, and I decided to pick something for the walls before anything else. We bought this painting on ebay several years ago while buying other paintings from the same seller, and haven't ever framed it. I pinned it to the wall to get the idea of how it'll look. I really like it!

So I played with photoshop a little, and used the eyedropper to select colors from the painting. Here are a few ideas I came up with. Please vote for your favorite and/or leave a comment! It'll probably help to know I am planning on doing white wainscoting, so the dark colors won't be as intimidating as they'd be on a whole wall!

Current color, boring minty green


Color #1


Color #2


Color #3


Color #4


Color #5


Color #6

5 comments:

The A Team Mom said...

#1 or #6. Those bold colors will look so good with the white!! Good luck! Can't wait to see when you are done. =)

Sue said...

I voted for #2. Blue is my favorite color.

Tony and Whitney said...

1, 2, or 3

Nadine said...

Have you picked one yet? I vote #1.

Mikael@starter home to dream home said...

k, So I think you should go APPLE GREEN! I think that would be SOOO FUN!!!! And it would really make the white wainscoting POP! I know, I am a little weird, I love going BOLD in the Bathroom. It is the only place to find solice and enjoyment when being a stay at home mom :)
Or, if you want, you can do the blue color I used... I think I have some left :)