Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Katy turned 3!

Our sweet little Katy turned 3 on June 3rd! I can't believe she's so big! I tried to get a good picture of her out by our flowers, and this was the first attempt:

I told her to put her shirt down and be modest, and this is what I got instead:

We needed to get going to help in Ryan's class, so those were all I got. Oh well, it kind of captures her being a silly three year old. :-)

Katy & I have been helping in Ryan's class for an hour every Monday for several months. Katy mostly plays quietly with the dollhouse or housekeeping area, but sometimes lets the kids read to her or something like that. They all really like to see her. So we came in to celebrate her birthday! Katy's birthday was on Thursday, but Monday had been a holiday anyway, so we got to come in. We brought little ice cream cups to share, and they sang to her! Mrs. Konzek had the usual birthday stuff for Katy (which was very nice of her!) - a crown, a pencil, and a card! This is Katy being sang to - I think she was happy!

After that we drove downtown and had lunch with Daddy. We were leaving that afternoon to go to Grandma & Grandpa's house, so we wanted to make sure Daddy got to spend some time with the birthday girl! We went out for Thai food, which was so yummy! Katy is very good at trying new food, and she really liked the chicken curry!

Right before we went to see Daddy, I thought it would be nice to get some cupcakes and sing to Katy with Daddy. So we stopped at Safeway, and I showed her the different cupcakes we could get. She decided that she wanted donuts instead. Fine with me, they looked yummy! But by the time we filled up on Thai food, I didn't have room for one. And neither of Dan's coworkers that were there at the moment wanted one either (one is training for a triathlon I believe, one is getting married soon). So we had lots left over, so we took them with us to Grandma & Grandpa's house! It was late by the time we got there (it took me a long time to get ready for some reason), but we had to have one more singing of Happy Birthday to the beautiful birthday girl!

Katy had such a fun birthday - birthday weekend, actually. Friday we went to the Bouncy Place, Saturday we had her party - posts to follow! It was fun to celebrate our precious little girl! We love having her in our family!

1 comments:

miriam said...

don't forget, you also went to the dump! silly girl. When I asked what fun things she did for her birthday I was at least expecting to hear lunch with daddy, not went to the dump!