Wednesday, May 11, 2011

More Pics of Nathan: 4 weeks to 5.5 weeks

Here are my favorite pictures from the middle of April:

Tummy time has been universally disliked by all of my children. I'm pretty sure that's true of the vast majority of babies. Nathan will tolerate it for a couple minutes sometimes, then he gets tired of it and cries. Look at the size of that noggin, it's quite a work out learning to hold it up!



I love love LOVE this picture! Until Nathan starts smiling easily, this will be hands down the best picture of the four of them! All three of the big kids have nice, genuine smiles. I'm pretty sure I said "toot" or something like that. Whatever I did, Katy found it hilarious!


Nathan always gets fidgety when I lay him on his tummy to take a picture (due to his dislike of tummy time), so I sometimes use that to try and wake him up if he's sleeping when I don't want him to be yet. It didn't work this time.


Nathan likes having his little hand up next to his face. It looks like he's posing. :-) On a less cute note, the poor guy sure had yucky skin for a while there.


One of many things I have learned from having babies is that pacifier desire varies greatly! David & Nathan both loved their pacifiers from day one, Ryan & Katy gagged on them and hated them (although Ryan eventually took one a little bit). After having the last 2 not want them, I sometimes forget that this little one often just wants to suck on his "fi." It's especially true when he acts like he wants to nurse, then gets fussy once he gets started - he wants to suck without eating. He's really good at keeping it in, too. And while I think it looks ridiculous for an older toddler (like 2+) to have a pacifier, I think it's absolutely adorable on a little baby!


Apparently this was not a time that he really wanted his pacifier, though. Check out those cheeks and lips! I just want to kiss him!


Oh, to be that comfortable so easily!


Nathan is just now as I write this (at 8 weeks) starting to be a very smiley little guy. I got lucky and caught one back at 5.5 weeks though! Nothing is as cute and sweet as a baby smile. :-)

2 comments:

miriam said...

Molly is in the picture with the kids too! Nathan looks so different than the rest of your kids. He is not a Smith!

jaclyn weist said...

So cute!!! Those are some pinchable cheeks. :) What a fun little boy. And the pacifier is a funny thing. Most my kids took it. Ethan did for a while and then started throwing it if offered. Heidi has always been a thumb sucker. Which I'm thrilled with but at the same time I don't look forward to weaning her!!!

What cute kids you have. :)