Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pictures of Nathan: age 1 week - 2.5 weeks

I've had some issues lately with not being able to find the camera, then the cord to upload pictures to the computer, then the camera again. I still can't find the cord (despite cleaning the office quite a bit!), so I had to take the card out of the camera to load them that way. I've had issues in the past with cards getting corrupted that way so I was hesitant and nervous, but it seems to have gone smoothly this time. So, I had nearly 500 pictures on the card. I hadn't deleted them last time I loaded them (worried about losing the brand new baby pictures until I was positive they were on the computer properly!), but there were still plenty of new ones! I'm going to do several posts over the next few days, hopefully I can maintain motivation until I'm caught up!


The last post had pictures up until Sunday, March 20th, when Nathan was 6 days old. Here we pick up the next day, at 1 week old. Check out how yellow the whites of his eyes were! Poor jaundiced baby!


Snuggling with Daddy...and laundry mountain. Just keepin' it real, folks.

Holding the baby is a favorite activity around here. :-)

Here Nathan is at 9 days old. I went to check on him taking his nap, and decided to take some pictures. I thought I might not take quite so many of this child since he's #4, but that hasn't been the case so far.

While I was admiring my sleeping baby he started to wake up. I absolutely LOVE the way new little babies stretch. They stick out their little face and arch their little back...it's just precious!

Temporarily looked like he might go back to sleep...

Then more stretching...

And yawning...

And finally started to get mad, so it was time to stop the photo shoot.

I love how squishy new babies are, how it doesn't phase them to sleep with their head at an angle like this.

My baby and his mama. :-) Yes, I have red eyes. Yes, that's an easy fix. No, I'm not going to go through the trouble of doing it and re-uploading and finding the right place in the post for it. Sorry.

Nathan got to meet Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa Smith on March 30th, at 2.5 weeks old. They hadn't been able to visit earlier thanks to other great-grandkids giving them a cold. Thanks a lot, guys! :-P

My time at the computer has come to a close, the chubby baby needs to be fed. Again. It takes a lot of milk to grow big and strong!

0 comments: