Tuesday, February 3, 2009

at least he's having fun?


When we went to Vancouver, WA a little while ago to look at apartments, we found a few possibilities but nothing perfect. So I've been needing to start looking again, this time in the Oregon suburbs of Portland. At 1:00 today I dropped David off at school, came home & put Katy down for a nap, let Ryan start playing on the Wii, and started searching. I made up a nice chart and tried 3 different apartment searchers. And totally lost track of time. David came home from school a little before 4, and Katy woke up a little while after. I finally decided to take a break to make dinner a couple minutes ago, shortly after 5. And I realized that Ryan had never stopped playing on the Wii! I just let him play for about FOUR HOURS! Oops!
What kind of mother does that, especially without even realizing it? Well, I guess that might be better than constantly telling him to leave me alone, like I'd probably be doing if he weren't playing on the Wii. Right?
I guess I'll wait until after bedtime to get back to my search!

3 comments:

bizzymomma said...

That is really funny! it is so easy to loose track of time.

miriam said...

lucky ryan! and he looks so much like david in that picture. I never thought they looked much alike, but definitely in that picture!

Laura Suzanne said...

I think sometimes you have to let kids do that to get things done!!! I do that with my residents and the Wii also!