Saturday, February 21, 2009

Goin' Old Fashioned!

Well, after a nice couple days in California (even with the sad reason for the visit), we are heading to Utah in a couple hours. Our plans have been constantly changing for this visit. We were originally going to drive there on 2/13 and back today. Then the apartment wasn't available unti 2/25 or so. So we pushed it back a week. I was originally going to spend the whole time staying with my friend Gayelinn, who is a big part of the reason for the extended stay (rather than just a quick trip to pack up the house). Then when my timing changed, I wasn't going to be able to stay with her the whole time. Now she has pnemonia, so I don't think I'm staying there at all!

So where does that leave me? The kids and I are staying in our house from today until next Sunday. The telephone, internet, and sattelite are all long disconnected. The movies and most of the toys are packed up. And the kitchen is totally packed up! Eight days in a house with empty cupboards! I'm thinking I need to see if I still have paper plates, bowls, cups, etc. in the garage. If not I'll go get some. And I need to come up with a whole week's worth of food that doesn't require a pot, pan, or cookie sheet to prepare! I suspect we'll be fast foodin' it a lot, especially because I really don't want the kids to mess up the cleanliness of the house. I hope I can get by without spending too much money on McDonalds. And what about tomorrow? I don't think it's quite an ox-in-the-mire kind of thing, but it is going to be tricky to feed my family while observing the Sabbath! Maybe I'll stop by Costco and get a take and bake pizza that I can just cook on the rack. I'll have to cut it with a plastic knife though. That should be interesting.

The other major hard thing is going to be not having internet. Not having TV is a bit sad, but not having the internet is much sadder. So for the next week, anyone who needs to get ahold of me is going to have to rely on my cell phone! Not that people need to get ahold of me a lot. I guess the bigger question is, what on earth am I going to do with myself?

1 comments:

Nadine said...

Thanks for coming over to our house to watch American Idol. It was fun to see everybody! Hope the packing is great! (Well, WAS great by the time you get back to civilization and can read this)