Tuesday, February 10, 2009

my project-of-the-evening and the latest kids' pictures

First of all, here's the link if you really want to see all of the kids' pictures:
https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.asp?AC=LTPP0044110672JCP

You just need to enter "Rachel Morrill" as the customer name. These were taken about a month ago, and I emailed the link to family members a little while ago. It just occured to me I should put it on here for any blog-stalkers I may have. Oh, and for posterity's sake. Not the link, that'll be dead in a couple months. But here are my favorites of the group:


This first one isn't a particularly great one of any of them so I didn't buy any of it, but I love how it shows how big they are. All my babies are growing up!

David had a really hard time making cute faces this day. Seriously. I even had them try to get a better single shot of him after Ryan & Katy had gone. I guess it's the age. But this one is cute of Ryan & Katy!

This has the cutest story! Katy, being a difficult little 1.5 year old (most of the time, not just this particular day), wasn't cooperating particularly well. Then the lady got David & Ryan set up for this pose, and told Katy to go sit on David's butt (my mom & I were both thinking "What? You don't say 'butt' to a little kid!" and rephrased it to her with gentler terms). She ran over to them, and did this! Totally her own idea! I am SO glad the photographer captured it!
I think this was the best shot of David all day, Ryan looks pretty good...so Katy isn't smiling. Such is life. Or at least, such is a picture of three small children.


And here's the best one of each individual child:

Handsome, handsome Ryan. Always cheesin' for the camera!

Yup, a floating head. Oops. I spent much time and many text messages debating about what to have her wear. I guess I should have gone with the white turtleneck instead of the black.

Looking a little goofy, but still pretty handsome. As a side note, David has had two school pictures taken this year (since he's gone to two elementary schools so far), and this is FAR better than either of those. I just saw his one from Meridian today on the class Valentine list (The teacher included the pictures so the kids can cut them out and paste them on instead of write the names. Way to strive for excellence.). It is ridiculous. Seriously.
So, you're wondering about my current project. I always do like to have a project. It frequently costs us lots of money, as I go through phases of wanting to make hair bows, scrapbook, etc. I'm going to try and get a handle on that. But I digress. Today I decided was the day to start keeping a printed record of our blog! I've only done 10 so far (I think this is post #195...yikes!), and I don't have any page protectors here to put them in. But I'm starting.
And I've decided exactly how I want to do it. It takes a little bit of dinking around, but I didn't print out TOO many before I decided how I want them all to be. Because they must all match, after all (OCD? ADHD? What IS wrong with me?) I'm going to copy and paste each individual post into a word document. Then select all, change to size 12 font, and put all the text in black. The top, bottom, and sides should all be 1 inch. UNLESS changing the bottom by a little bit will move a large picture up, avoiding a silly big blank space. I'm pretty sure I changed one of the top margins to .9 before I decided to probably only change the bottom. I have a little nagging urge to go back and reprint that one, but I will supress that. Because that is ridiculous.
So, that is my plan. Seeing as how the evening has gotten away from me (go to bed, silly Rachel!) I will have to limit my progress to the first ten this evening. Hopefully my energy and enthusiasm for the project will remain intact for a little while. Because I'd really love to have a nice record of this, in case the old posts ever disappear or something. Oh, and it is so fun for me to go back and look at the pictures from the first few posts. It was almost a year ago, so Katy is so wittow (little, said by a certain little guy at our house)!

1 comments:

The A Team Mom said...

I have a different plan with my blog. I am going to make photo books! Of coarse I am way behind on posting... but the plan is there. Lots of places offer them but I like MyPublisher because you save the book on your computer rather than on their system so it won't be lost if you wait to print. I plan on transfering my posts as I write them to the book and then printing at year end. They offer lots of deals although most are buy one album get a copy free... but I guess it would make a good gift for someone who doesn't read the blog or who just loves pictures of the kids. Anyway- just another idea for you! =)