Tuesday, May 12, 2009

right place at the right time!


Despite my tummy troubles (which are like 95% gone...Dan thinks maybe I had mild food poisoning after indulging in my Big Mac craving yesterday...but I stand by my earlier post that people need to be more careful about spreading diseases!) I had to make a quick stop by QFC to pick up some chicken. It was $1.99/lb, which isn't fabulous, but good enough for a couple pounds. So I picked up 2 packages, then went straight to buy them so as not to be too much of a hypocrite about spreading my possible germs. The cashier asked if it was okay for Katy (the boys waited in the car since I was only getting 1 thing) to have a balloon that was up front. Heck yes! It says Happy Mothers Day on it, so they couldn't very well sell it for $3.99 anymore, could they? But does it look like Katy minds that it is for a holiday she won't celebrate for two decades? Not at all! In fact, I tried for quite some time to get a good picture of her with the balloon, but she just couldn't hold still! SO exciting!

Oh, and this morning I asked her if she wanted to wear the shirt that Aunt Miriam picked out, or the one with a flower on it. She said something that sounded kind of like "the one that Aunt Miriam picked out," and has mentioned it several times since then. So Aunt Miriam, she likes you and the shirt you picked out!

One more thing about the little girl. Several times in the last couple days she has insisted that we call her "Kafryn." I always assumed she'd go by Katy, then maybe Kate as she gets older. But for some reason she already has opinions at 23 months old. Kathryn it is!

1 comments:

miriam said...

I like her too, little miss Kathryn.