Monday, May 4, 2009

the happenings of this Monday morning

Well, we're going to start this post with more evidence that I'm losing my mind. On Saturday I went out to run a few errands (by myself!), and got the mail on the way out. It had a Little Einsteins DVD from Netflix, and I almost took it back home so Katy could watch it while I was gone. But I figured I'd only be gone a little while, and she could watch it later that evening. Except then I couldn't find it. I wasn't sure if I'd brought it inside and stuck it somewhere or if I'd left it in the car. My car is pretty messy, so I looked a couple times Saturday and Sunday. Still no luck. So one of my main things I wanted to make sure I did today was thoroughly clean out the car, hopefully to find that darn DVD!

Then I went to Netflix's website today, and noticed that they received the Little Einsteins DVD today! Um, what? At first I assumed maybe I'd dropped it out of the car and some kind person mailed it back. Then I was just checking again, and noticed the my DVDs hadn't been received yet. They're in one envelope since I couldn't find the other one (this post is making me sound bad...), so my first thought was that maybe that made it take longer to get them checked in for some reason. But they should've gotten there today if I'd mailed them on Saturday like I thought....

Run over to my purse...feel down to the bottom...yes! It's there!

So, I got the mail, went to Great Clips (pictures of that later after I shower...), got a couple things at QFC, then went to the post office/gas station, where I mailed back the DVD that I'd just gotten from the mailbox! Fail!

But besides being a little crazy, it's been a good day so far. I've been working on getting a good running routine going. I hate not eating until lunchtime, but I thought my only other options were to run before Dan leaves - did that a few times, I like my sleep too much, or to run right away after David leaves, but it's colder then and I don't want Katy and Ryan getting cranky. It occured to me that if I don't run until 10:30 or 11 that I can probably eat a bowl of cereal just fine at 8:00. I did it today, and it worked great! In fact, I'm pretty sure that was why I had such a good run today. I made it to 2.0 miles, and I felt like I had a lot more energy. Duh, I had some food in my system!

The only problem with this plan is that it's noon and I still haven't showered. But I'm in clothes, they just happen to be exercise clothes, so that's better than still being in jammies. Well, it's a work in progress. We can probably go earlier as it gets warmer. I'll just need to find the sweet spot where eating breakfast doesn't make me ill and I can still make it to get David at 11:42ish!

The other highlight of my morning is kind of a silly thing. We originally decided to not have TV here, but caved really easy to the sales pitch when we called Comcast to sign up for internet. We signed up for a triple plan of internet, TV, and phone. We were getting about $165 worth of services for about $106 (with tax). I've been trying to figure out if cancelling phone and maybe downgrading TV would counteract the deal enough to drop that number. Turns out the discounts on the three services were put on separately, so we were able to just cancel the phone while keeping the internet and TV discounts! Yay! That saves us about $27, and we still have the TV package we've had!

Ooooh, but now that I look at the numbers again, we should probably still downgrade TV. We're spending about $56 with the $15.50 discount. We could drop it to $44 if we downgrade to the Family Tier & basic channels. Or if we dropped the Family Tier (which has Nick, Disney, Sprout..basically all the channels we use), we could go down to $26. That would pretty much just have the local channels. $9 of all of these numbers is the DVR, I'm not willing to pay for TV without paying for the DVR. I'm just too spoiled, it's too nice to be able to turn on the shows we want whenever we want them. Hmmmm...is it worth $30 a month to have the extra channels? Or we could go back to our plan of not having TV and go down to only $23 for internet for the promotional period (6 months). It's why we have Netflix, after all, we shouldn't spend the money both places. And wasn't I just posting about how we should have less screen time? Not paying for TV would kill two birds...

Hmmmmm...I'll have to think about that...In the shower, which I should go take. Now.

0 comments: