Thursday, May 28, 2009

Did she think I'd fall for it?

Tonight after getting Katy in her jammies, she and I cleaned up her room. She is wonderful at cleaning, by the way. It's very sweet. She's usually very good at staying on task (unlike her brothers...). This time, though, she picked up a Blues Clues book and got momentarily distracted. I told her to put it on the couch (futon) and we'd read it at bedtime. She did. Then I went downstairs to check on David's progress (Ryan and Daddy were making a Walmart run). Katy followed me down a few minutes later.

Twenty minutes or so later, Katy and I went back to her room to get her to bed. And I found the Blues Clues book that we were supposed to read...with 9 books on top of it! I pointed it out to Katy, and she hurried and put one more on top. So here's the pile of 11 books Katy thought she'd trick me into reading:

I wasn't totally cold hearted. We did read 5 of them before I really had to get her to bed. I need to remember to get started on the bedtime routine earlier so we have time for lots of stories!

(Hmm, do you think I told Katy to smile, or to say "cheese!" And yes, she is eating a pretzel. She was hungry.)

2 comments:

Sue said...

Tell Katy that Grandma would be happy to read all 20 books to her!

Nadine said...

How sweet! She was just trying to see if she could get her mommy to read her lots and lots of stories! I think about that cute little girl all the time.