Monday, October 26, 2009

Follow-up to Ryan's sickness

So, as can be expected, Ryan's disease made its way through the other Morrill children. Although Katy was NOT the next one to get it as I had predicted. David got up a little after midnight almost 4 days after Ryan had become sick, and threw up all over the bathroom floor. I guess the bathroom floor is better than all over his bed, but I sure wasn't happy about cleaning it up in the middle of the night. So he stayed home from school the next day (the only day Ryan got to go to school that week with his funny MTh-some-W schedule, so I didn't get any girls only days that week!), only to be totally fine and energetic all day.

Then 5 1/2 days later Katy came down with a fever, and woke up from her nap really cuddly and cranky. We had to go meet Daddy at the transit center at 6:15ish so he could jump his car, then we were all going to go get a new car battery and some fast food for dinner (since I'd been holding Katy all evening instead of cooking!). Katy didn't want to, and you know there's a problem when a 2 year old doesn't want french fries! So I took her inside when we dropped off Daddy's car, and, while we were still trying to figure out what to do, she threw up in a bowl I happened to have grabbed just in case. We got her all cleaned off and comfortable, then she immediately fell asleep on me. After holding her for a while, I took her up to her bed on the off chance she was asleep for the night. I was sure she'd throw up all over her bed at some point in the night. I put a towel down under her, and got prepared for the cleaning I would need to do. Carpet cleaner, more towels, a clean pillow, and a sippy cup of water, standing ready!


I even put a bowl in her bed on the teeny tiny chance she would throw up in it the next time she was sick. She held it in her sleep, poor thing.

She woke me up one time in the night to get a drink of water, and that was it! All my preparations for nothing!

So, all in all, it was a pretty wimpy tummy bug. Dan & I had a couple days of feeling a bit off, and we think that was the grown up version. I am very grateful that it was such a light illness and I didn't have to clean up too much barf!

1 comments:

miriam said...

you know if you hadn't been prepared, she would've thrown up everywhere. I'd make that extra effort just to have to put it away if it meant no barf.