Monday, October 26, 2009

Katy's bad habit

Katy doesn't like to go to sleep. But she is such a good girl that she doesn't come out of her room. So, instead, she finds ways to occupy her time until she crashes from exhaustion. She always takes a few books to bed. Usually it's only 4 or 5. I try to make her only take 2 or 3, but she often gets out and gets a couple more. Last night, about an hour after her bedtime, I discovered this:

I think I counted 32 books as I unearthed her pillow. Silly, naughty Goo!

She also likes to have lots of stuffed animals in her bed. She usually has Big Puppy, Puppy, Lovey, Pretty Bear, and Bald Eagle. And maybe a baby or two. After I took the 30+ books away from her, she decided to see if she could get away with filling her bed with stuffed animals instead. When we checked on her later, this is what we found:

There are about 14 stuffed animals and babies other than her usual 5 or 6, so 20ish total! Oh, and a few new books. She's got several animals jammed underneath her, making her sleep at quite the angle. How is she comfortable?

I guess maybe all books & animals need to go somewhere else if she can't stop bringing them all to bed!

2 comments:

miriam said...

I love that first picture. She is so happy!

Nadine said...

I agree with Miriam. What an adorable little girl! She just loves to read and cuddle.