Monday, October 26, 2009

a Smith cousin!

My poor kids haven't had any Smith cousins until last month. Between me being the oldest of my siblings, me getting married at 18, and me insisting on having a baby shortly after turning 20, I had almost 7 years head start! Nadine finally had baby Brady last month, and we got to meet him over the weekend!

If you would've asked me before we went which of my kids would be the most interested in the baby, I would've said Katy. She loves her doll babies, and she's constantly yelling "Look, a baby!" whenever she sees one. My next thought would be David, since he's been known to fawn over babies (especially Katy when she was new). And I would've been wrong. Ryan liked the baby far and away more than the other two!

Ryan liked to hold Brady. He liked to touch Brady. He hovered around whoever was holding him. He'd go play for a few minutes, then come back to see him some more. It was really, really cute!


My parents wanted a picture of their four grandkids together. At first Brady was sad, so he got to have his pacifier for the picture. Here we have David putting it in his mouth. You can't really see it in the shrunk down picture, but I like the sweet expression on his face as he cares for his baby cousin. And of course Ryan is concerned as well.

We took lots and lots of pictures (I love digital cameras so we can do that!), and this is the best I got. I bet my dad got a better one once I stopped trying to take my own and started jumping around like a crazy lady to get the kids to smile.


And then...we were done having our pictures taken. Clearly. I like Katy's face here, she looks so sneaky or something!


This has nothing to do with the cousin, but it's from the trip to Grandma & Grandpa's house. Ryan & Katy helped Grandpa harvest some bean seeds to use next year. They both really actually helped! Grandpa is so good at letting the kids participate in fun projects!


Keep scrolling down, I did 4 posts today! Someday I'll be more organized and post more regularly...

2 comments:

miriam said...

just think, if you had waited 7 years of marriage to have a baby, it would be the same age as it's cousins. but you and dan without kids would just be weird.

Nadine said...

I'm glad your kids finally have a Smith cousin too! I love being a mommy!