Friday, March 19, 2010

look what I made!

So I've been seeing pretty Easter wreaths all over the place lately. Nice, elegant looking ones with the eggs painted to look like real eggs. I thought about making something like that. But first of all, it sounded like quite a bit of work for something that could only be up for a couple weeks. Second, there was a good chance I'd screw it up, and it would look like I tried to be elegant but failed. And third, there just wasn't enough color for me! So I decided that instead of trying to make something that looks pretty according to the current decorating standard, I would just make something fun that I like! And I did!

I bought this grapevine wreath a few weeks ago for $3.50 during a fit of "I need to learn how to decorate." It's been sitting on the piano, waiting for inspiration to strike. So I busted out the bin of Easter stuff, stuck Easter grass all over the wreath, and hot glued on some plastic eggs. Then when I was running to grab another glue stick, I saw a bag of pom-poms in an open container (yes, sitting in the middle of the floor...see, something good came from me being homemakerly challenged!) that matched perfectly, so I added those as well. Then I stuck it on the wall! And it makes me really happy!

0 comments: