Wednesday, March 24, 2010

You can all breathe a sigh of relief...

Ta-da! Crisis averted! After blogging yesterday I continued to think of places to look for the beloved Baby Magic, and came across Babies R Us. On their website they didn't have the yellow kind, but they did have some other ones, so I decided that warranted further investigation. I hadn't been to Toys or Babies R Us since moving here, because the closest one is about a half hour away. I routinely drove that far to them in Utah, but, well, everything was pretty much that far. Here there are so many options so close (Last week I drove to the store, bought eggs, and was back home in EIGHT minutes!) that I haven't felt it worth the drive. But I was seriously panicking about the potential lack of Baby Magic, so I hurried and got ready to go and headed over.


At first I only found yellow with pink lids, which was "Original Baby Scent." It smelled close, but with a strong sunscreen-y smell on top of it. I was going to get a few anyways, since it was better than nothing. Then I found the "Soft Baby Scent." I was SO EXCITED!!! I told Dan I was going to buy 3. He said "You mean 10?" He told me he needs a guarantee that we wouldn't run out. So I gathered up all 5 there, and a lotion to make it a multiple of 3 (there was a coupon for $2 off any 3 baby bath items)!

Then I was feeling SO HAPPY that I let the kids talk me into buying some other stuff too. Oh well, it was worth it!




So, why was there that post that said Baby Magic wasn't being made anymore? I've decided it's one of several possibilities.

1. It stopped for a little while, then started up again.
2. Babies R Us is just using up some huge supply that will run out eventually.
3. It never stopped, the person was somehow misinformed (I couldn't find anything else to confirm or deny it).
4. That post didn't apply to the specific kind we love (looking at it not without the panic I was feeling yesterday, I think it doesn't apply to all kinds).

Reasons 3 & 4 don't explain why I can't find it at Target & Walmart anymore. But now I'm thinking it's probably #4, and I was all worked up for no reason.


On the plus side, now we have 195 more ounces of Baby Magic (since the 30 oz bottles came with 9 oz travel ones), and wouldn't it be silly to have all that if we don't ever have another little one to wash with it? Katy can't use it forever, it's getting hard to comb her wet hair without some sort of conditioner or detangler (which at the moment I am forbidden to use because it ruins The Smell).

And no, I'm not pregnant (yet?!?!?), thanks for asking. I will be in the hot tub in 6 days as proof!


Oh, and thanks Whitney for the comment! If I hadn't kept looking and found it there myself, I would be eternally grateful!

1 comments:

Treechaser said...

Wow! I'm gonna have to try Baby Magic now and see why it's so wonderful after your review!