Thursday, August 21, 2008

Caught!

It used to be super easy to keep the kids' TV time limited. Most days I'd only allow them about 2 hrs worth for "quiet time." And I always made sure the shows they watched were at least somewhat educational - Dora, Little Einsteins, etc. Then we taught David how to use the remote.

Now he keeps turning on Spongebob & other brain rotting shows, and turning things on without permission. I keep finding out and feeling frustrated, but all I do is tell them not to. And that's not working, but I don't really know how to appropriately punish them other than maybe take the TV out of the playroom. But that would punish ME as well, because I NEED them to have quiet time!

So yesterday I turned on their quiet time shows (I recorded a block of 4 shows in a row again), then took the remote. Problem solved, right?

This morning while they were (supposed to be) getting dressed, they started singing "Please Bring Honor to us All." Hmmmm...soooooo....you boys have been watching Mulan, huh? That means they broke into the theater to get a DVD AND watched TV when they weren't supposed to! What am I going to do with them?!?!

But boys, you would have gotten away with it if you hadn't sang that song! If you'd been obedient and gotten dressed right away, I wouldn't have noticed your other two rule breakings! So much naughtiness!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

That's too funny! Stinkers! :)