Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Elder Smith!

A couple days ago I mentioned that I had tons of stuff to blog about. Only now I can't quite remember what all it was. Well, luckily I have pictures to remind me of some of them!

My baby brother is all grown up and leaving on his mission! We went out to dinner last Tuesday, and he went into the MTC the next day. So I'm only a week behind. Although I just found the paper my mom copied for me, and it says he's probably leaving the MTC for his mission in Ventura, CA on September 3rd. So that's only 3 weeks from today. I guess they don't stay in the MTC very long when they don't have to learn a language! Well, I had lofty ambitions of writing to him all the time, or at least printing my blogs and sending them to him. I guess I'd better get on that!

Katy and Uncle Danny
She'll be a big 3 year old by the time she sees him again!


This sequence of pictures cracks me up! Thank goodness for digital cameras that allow me to just snap away over and over until I get a picture worth saving!
Ryan, what are you doing?

Don't you think you should smile for the picture?

Apparently not

But then he thinks he is REALLY funny...

...so we get a good picture in the end!

3 comments:

miriam said...

I have a hard time with this. Am I allowed to be sad that my brother is on a mission? I mean he is doing a very good thing, but he's gone for 2 years! It's not that I was in constant contact with him before, but knowing that my contact is limited makes me sad that he is gone.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Of course you're allowed to be sad Miriam! It'd be sad if he wasn't missed. Just try not to make him sad/homesick in letters. I can't believe Andrew is nearly back! And man Dan looks like your dad!

Emily said...

Hi Rachel - I found your blog through facebook.com. This is Emily conrad Hollingshead. I can't believe your little brother just went into the MTC...that is crazy!?!?!? BTW: your family is so cute!