Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Morrill family updates

So it occurs to me that there are several situations we should update you all on. Just on the off chance you're sitting around wondering how they resolved...

First of all, the yard. I really should have a picture to accompany this, but it is dark right now and if I put this off I'll forget. The grass has come in beautifully! There are still a few bare spots, and quite a few thin spots, but if you don't look too closely it looks amazing! It sure was a lot of hard work, but it paid off! Yay!

Next up - selling our house. We've listed with an agent, and we've shown it to 7 different families I believe. One family even came back a second time. But alas, there have been no offers. So we're debating the next step. We don't really want to drop the price much, and we really aren't in a huge rush. The main reason we want to move is to have 3 bedrooms on the same level. But if we don't, we'll just have to move the boys downstairs. Tonight Katy went to sleep about 15-20 min before the boys, and while the boys were hugging Daddy I opened the door and walked in, and she woke up. The hall light was off, I didn't say anything, the only difference was me taking a few steps, and she woke up. So if we don't get out of here soon, we'll just have to move the boys into the theater. We've been hesitant to shut down the theater, thinking it's a big selling point, but apparently not.

And the whole bike/jogging situation has become sooooooo much better. I've gone for a much longer (3 miles I think) walk with a friend a couple times, and the boys have done great! Getting David the new bike really fixed the problem. And I've really gotten into my groove with jogging, where it kind of feels good and energizing rather than draining. This morning I jogged and the boys rode their bikes to the school and back (so about 1.5 miles round trip), and there really wasn't any whining or other problems! Yay!

So, that's the update on those situations. Just in case you were wondering.

0 comments: