Saturday, October 18, 2008

And he's off!

The big adventure of our relocation has started! This afternoon Dan left for Portland! He prefers to do long drives in two days, and I prefer to just get them over with in one. So since I'm not going with him, we didn't have to fight about it this time! We looked for cheap hotels in Boise (5.5 of 12 hours away, so pretty close to half), and couldn't find anything less than $70 or so. So we decided to spend a little more and get him something nice. We found one for $99 that had great reviews, so we splurged on it for him. It looks well worth it! He sent me these pictures a few minutes ago. I sure wish I was there with him!



So here, I pretty much took the rest of the day "off." I was still a mommy, I just wasn't much of a maid. I figure I deserve a little down time before returning to the business of cleaning & packing! There sure is plenty to do around here! If only these kids would stop creating laundry & dishes & various other messes, I'd have more time to get to the big stuff. Well, I'm headed to bed now, a little earlier than usual (there's no Danny Love here to spend time with!), so hopefully I wake up tomorrow totally energized and motivated to work hard! I can do it!

0 comments: