Saturday, October 11, 2008

She just wanted a story!

Bedtime is always an exciting adventure in our house, thanks to the three kids in one bedroom (for only 3 more weeks!). Sometimes it goes off without a hitch, but usually there is some sort of drama. Tonight Katy went to bed around 7:45, and the boys almost an hour later. She didn't wake up when I tucked them in and sang to them, but she did wake up about 5 minutes later. I didn't hear the boys making noise, so it may or may not be their fault. So I figured it'd be better to let the boys get to sleep before having her rejoin the party, so she cuddled with me while I watched TV. I finally put her back in bed around 9:30 I would guess (it was so nice to cuddle!), and she cried a bit, then was quiet.

About 15 minutes later she started crying again! I was in the office packing up books, and went upstairs planning on giving her some tylenol - her molars are bulging in all 4 spots, so any time she's overly difficult I assume teething pain. But when I went into the bedroom I found her standing in her crib, holding the 2 books that I'd left in her bed. I took them and put them on the ground, then reached for her. She started saying something that I assume was Katyish for "book," and reaching for where I had put them! I said "You want me to read you those books?" And she said "yes!"

So I brought her out to the living room, and she nestled into my lap and listened very nicely to the stories. Then I told her it was time to go back to her bed, and she took the books and walked down the hall to her room! She got back in her bed very nicely, instructing me to cover her with her blanky, hand her her lovies, and turn on her music. That was 10 minutes ago, and she hasn't cried at all! She just wanted me to read those books to her! And once I had, she was ready to go to sleep! How cute is that?

2 comments:

miriam said...

very very cute. that's how cute it is.

Emily said...

Babies are so funny...especially when they turn into toddlers...they are so funny. Don't you just love to cuddle!