Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lunchtime with the Morrills

Me: David, for lunch you have two options (I told him that before I told him the options so he wouldn't start whining when he didn't like the first option!). Would you like a peanut butter sandwich or leftover pizza?
David: Pizza
Me: 1 slice or 2?
David: 2 (he was looking at a book and not very eloquent)

Me: Katy, for lunch would you like a peanut butter sandwich or pizza?
Katy: Hot dog!
Me: No, you had hot dogs (2 of them!) yesterday AND the day before. You can have a sandwich or pizza.
Katy: Pizza. Hot dog. Sandwich.

I made her a sandwich. She asked for a hot dog again, but is currently eating her sandwich. By opening them and eating the peanut butter out of the middle. But she bites at it rather than licks, so she gets some bread, too. And she has two sippy cups because she needed chocolate milk AND water.

I didn't need to ask Ryan what he wanted. He'd been asking for peanut butter sandwiches since around 11. He eats two entire sandwiches every time I make them. He'd eat more if I let him. I think he'd be content to eat peanut butter & jam sandwiches for every meal. He'll eat honey, but jam is his real love. And the only jam I've ever found that he didn't like was the fancy (and expensive) stuff at a restaurant one time. Now if only he didn't touch things with his peanut butter hands!

1 comments:

miriam said...

I wish someone would make me lunch. I never realize I want lunch until I'm really hungry.It's not fun making food when you are starving. I just want it to be ready immediately!