Tuesday, March 10, 2009

so sweet, and yet, so naughty

I don't know if it's just the recent move or Katy's upcoming 2nd birthday, but she's being a real stinker lately! I have a DI box in the corner of my room that I'm filling up as I'm unpacking, and she went through it and spread it around the room. Then she "helped" unpack some of the other boxes. Then I went into the bathroom to put something away, and she followed and got into things under the sink. And she has been throwing little tantrums whenever I try to get her to stop making a mess!

I finally decided to just leave my room until she is otherwise occupied (preferably asleep), and went to sit in the rocking chair in her room. I thought she might sit and cuddle with me since she was being cranky, but she immediately wiggled out of my arms. Then she found a book and asked me to read it to her. I finished, and she went to get another. And another. As long as I was reading to her she sat happily on my lap. It was really nice. I think we read about 6 books before I broke it by trying to take her picture!

And here's why I wanted a picture - I noticed that she was putting the finished books back on the shelf! The two standing on their ends & the big one sticking way out were all put there by Katy! I don't know if it's a boy/girl difference or just a personality difference, but the boys never ever have done that without being told to.

I wanted a picture of her standing by the books she had put away, but she said "No!" and sat down to look at the little books. I tried for a while to get a picture of her face, but this is all I could get. She refused to look for a picture. Nice.

Oh, and notice the necklaces? One is just one I bought for her, the other one she chose from Grandma Maughan's jewelry box. She loves to put it on. I think that would make Grandma happy.

2 comments:

miriam said...

I hope my babies learn to put away the books and toys they get out without being asked.

Nadine said...

I hope my babies have pigtails like that!