Thursday, August 6, 2009

2 1/2 hours is SO much better than 13!

The kids, dog, and I drove up to Grandma & Grandpa's house today. They're actually in Utah until tomorrow, which is really really sad to these little guys (Ryan got really teary this morning and told me he was sad he didn't get to hug them today). But it's still a super great place to be!
I convinced Molly to sit behind me for most of the time (When she sits in the front she often pushes me into neutral. Not really safe...). And she calmed down and took a nap for a while. But as soon as we got off the freeway she was very alert and interested in what was going on outside!

The kids were much more mellow. Ryan isn't asleep, just wiggly. David sure looks tired. And Katy took a bit of a nap, after much whining (what 2 year old doesn't want a chocolate graham cracker or fruit snacks?). We made it in 5 minutes shy of 2 1/2 hours, from 10:17 to 12:42. Not too bad!

Here is one of the reasons I was so excited to get here! YUM! We filled a cereal bowl in a few minutes, and there are still so very many out there! Which is good, because the bowl wasn't quite full anymore by the time we made it inside...


We stopped by the blueberry bush. My little Katy is a funny girl - she doesn't like fruit. She'll occasionally eat a little bit of watermelon, apples, bananas or grapes. But not always (I'd say about a quarter to a third of the times I offer them), and very rarely anything else. She likes to come around with me and pick berries, though. She just won't eat them most of the time.

Today, though, she decided the blueberries were worthy of a taste. Yum!

Then we stopped by the largest zinnia I've ever seen. Katy kept trying to smile for the picture, but would go back to looking at the flowers and talking about it by the time I got my cell phone to take a picture. And notice in her other hand are some other "pwetty fwowers" - dandelions. :)





1 comments:

Nadine said...

Oh I'm jealous. I want to be there!