Wednesday, August 5, 2009

This will soon be our house!!!

So we made an offer on this house yesterday. They countered with a split the difference (we offered $20K less than asking, they countered with $10K less) and not leaving their washer, dryer, and fridge. So we decided to counter with close to that price ($400 less overall, but reallocating some of the closing costs coverage to lower purchase price), leaving the stuff. They're going to take it! I guess it's not totally official yet, but our agent, Aaron, brought the paperwork to us at the boys' t-ball game to sign, so it must be pretty darn close!

I think it's really nice looking from the front. Just a pretty normal, cute house. The front garden needs some work (it looks worse than in the picture), but I'd probably be disappointed if it didn't!

The kitchen needs some updating. We definitely want to replace the flooring and stove, and at some point the sink and counter tops. But the cupboards looks fine, and there's a pantry on the back wall. And the corner cupboard on the peninsula side has a door on the outside. That's really nice, I hate having to practically get in the cupboard to get to the back.
We'll be replacing the carpet right away, and doing some painting, too. Really, you thought orange was the best color for your little girl's room? That just isn't going to work!
And here is one of the best features of the house - an awesome giant bonus room! Somewhere for the kids to go and have all their toys! After 5 months in an apartment where their toys are in their bedrooms, I am so ready to have a play room!
The lot size is .14, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much bigger it is than our .12 in Utah. Molly will love it!


So, we'll have a lot to work on to make it really pretty on the inside, but I think it'll be a great fit for us. It's 2341 square feet, which is quite a big bigger than anything else we'd seen in our price range. Assuming everything goes according to plan (i.e. the inspector doesn't find something horribly wrong...), I think we'll be happy there for a long time.

Now I'll have a pack again. Blah.

2 comments:

jaclyn weist said...

Exciting! it totally feels like I've been watching one of the buying house shows on HGTV. :) I'm happy you found something!! Congrats!!!

Nadine said...

Beautiful! I'm really excited for you guys!