Friday, August 21, 2009

8 years of marriage!


Dan & I had our 8 year anniversary on Tuesday. In typical Rachel fashion I didn't look into getting a babysitter until that day, only to find out that this ward has mutual on Tuesdays so nobody was available. So I decided to make the most of the situation, and go out twice - once with the family, once on our own!

Tuesday Dan came home from work with these beautiful roses! Once again, please excuse my terrible camera phone. I was even going to use the real camera to take the picture, but couldn't find it. Anyhow, I think Dan has brought me flowers like 6 or 7 times in the entire time I've known him, so this was a very happy surprise! And I didn't even need to suggest it like I usually do!

After I oohed and ahhed over my flowers, we hopped in the car and went to Boppin' Bo's Malt Shop & Grill. It's owned by some members of our ward, so I thought it would be nice to support them. The burgers and fries were pretty tasty, my blackberry shake was delicious, but the best thing of all was...(drum roll please)...they had FRY SAUCE!!! Of all the things about Utah that I miss, I think the only thing I miss more than fry sauce is my best friend Gayelinn. Seriously.

When I called on Tuesday and found out it was mutual, I got someone for Thursday instead. It was only the 2nd time we've been out without kids since moving here in March, and the first time we hired someone from the ward (the other time was a work party and one of Dan's coworkers' sisters watched the kids). I don't know what I was so nervous about, because it went great! Katy has said "Randa (her name is Miranda but Katy can't quite say it) so nice." about 5 different times this morning. She keeps telling me about the things she did, like "Randa change my diaper. Randa so nice." And - get this - she emptied the dishwasher and loaded it again! I don't even do that all that often! We will definitely be using her again!

So Dan & I had been thinking we would go out for a nice dinner, but decided on finally seeing Harry Potter instead. Dan had gone down to Eugene for the day and expected to be home early. He got stuck in some nasty traffic, though, so we ended up really pressed for time. So we got Jack in the Box and hid it in my purse to eat during the movie! It was fun!

So all in all we had a really nice anniversary celebration (spread out over a couple days!)! It wasn't the romantic dinner that I originally thought we'd have, but it was more fun anyways. I sure love you, my Danny Love!

1 comments:

Bil said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a nice way to celebrate! :)

Next time your husband is in Eugene have him give me a call! It would be great to have lunch with him (and be great to see your entire family again!!).

Bil