Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blog Ketchup #1 - Ryan's birthday!

I've been pretty sporadic with my blogging lately, and I'm feeling the need to go back and fill in some gaps. There were several days I took lots of pictures with the intent to blog, then...well...life happened. So since this is the closest thing to a journal I have, I'm going back to fill in what I missed in July & August!

First up, Rynan's birthday. I actually did blog on his birthday (7/16) about getting the free slurpees on 7/11, but not about his birthday! What a rude mommy!

Here's the happy birthday boy at his birthday party! I haven't done a great job lately of planning parties. I've swung quite a ways from the first few years of way overdone parties! For Ryan's birthday this year we had 3 friends (and their siblings & moms) come swimming with us! I was a little nervous about Heritage Green kicking us out or something because we're only supposed to have 2 guests. But one family also lives in the complex, so we really only had 6 extra people between the two families.

From left to right as best as possible with a group shot - Nicole & Peter, Ryan & David, Spencer, Rebecca, & Benson, Micah, and Rebecca (Nicole & Peter's mom). Reece, Ily, and Katy must've been in the little pool at the time. Ryan had so much fun! He really felt like it was his special day, even without a huge production!

Later that night doing presents with the family. Look how excited Katy is! This is the first birthday we've had since she had hers a month & a half earlier. So she knows how exciting all these presents are!

Woo-hoo! Some Bakugan things!

Katy found out that birthdays aren't quite so exciting when they aren't yours. That was a rough concept to learn!

A week later Ryan got his present from Grandma & Grandpa Morrill. I told them he wanted some small Bakugan. Well, they didn't get him any! Instead, they took the concept and got him so really awesome Bakugan things - most exciting to him is this blankey. To understand how much he likes it, you first have to know that he has a Nemo blankey (just a yard of Nemo fleece) that he's had since the summer he turned 1 and is quite bonded to. He likes to have it directly on him, under his bedding. Well, the first night with the Bakugan blankey he changed the order - it now goes Bakugan blankey, Nemo blankey, THEN comforter (I don't usually use top sheets on their beds, they seem more hassle than they're worth when they frequently end up shoved down at the bottom of the bed). I thought maybe it was a novelty thing and he'd soon revert to Nemo. Well, it's been over a month now, and Bakugan still wins out! He sure loves it!

1 comments:

miriam said...

I can't believe how old your kids are. Ryan can't go to school!