Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blog Ketchup #2 - Water Fun!

We've done some really fun water things this summer! In addition to swimming in the apartment pool, we've visited the beach (which will be a separate post later!) and 2 fountains.

This first one was down in Sherwood (I think...it's been over a month, and my memory is starting to fail in my old age...). We had a fun get-together with my grandparents and some extended family. The fountain was super cool! Half was just water, half had sand AND water! I don't know why I didn't get more pictures, but at least I got one with all three kids. They sure loved playing there!




A few days later we went with some friends to a fountain in downtown Portland (I just almost said Salt Lake! I wonder when I'll get used to being here...). I tried to get a pic of the three kids playing, and here it is (with Reece thrown in for a bit of color!)! They're all moving in different directions!
It was a super fun fountain to play at, especially since I didn't think too hard about the potential for injury. Lots of little stairs with water running down them could cause a big owie. Looking at these pictures makes me wonder why I wasn't more nervous! Here I caught David climbing up them, with Ryan already at the top. Ily is standing right there, hopefully she'd have at least nipped dangerous behavior in the bud...

Katy was far less brave, which was just fine with me! She enjoyed just walking around and kneeling down in the shallow water.

I stuck the kids on the side of the stairs (Ryan's the only one in much water) to try and get a cute group shot. Well, they tried...
and the harder they tried, the more incredibly awkward it got....

Hmm, guess it's time to give up. Oh well!

It was a really fun day. We're lucky to have the Murdocks as friends, it seems like Ily is always coming up with fun things to do! Yesterday we had a playdate at their house, and the kids all had a really good time! Then we tried to make them clean up, and all 8 of us got pretty cranky. But we won't focus on the negative...

0 comments: