Monday, September 14, 2009

The Various Startings of School

Well, when you have a kindergartner you don't just get one first day of school. This year we had three different days! Here they are!


The real, official first day of school was September 2nd. David got to go, Ryan didn't yet. Look how cool and composed David is. I guess this is the fourth different school he's gone to, this is old hat to him!

I saw a blog where the lady had cut out big numbers of the grade the kids were in to hold up in their first day of school pictures. I thought about doing that. But this is what we ended up with instead! So Ryan doesn't get to do anything (I suppose I could have had him do the sign for "k"...), and he'll run out of fingers for grades 11 and 12. But he might not really want to do it at that point anyway...




First day of school, take two! On the second day of school for David Ryan got to go for part of the day. It was called their "smart start," and they got to do fun things and have ice cream!
So excited about school!
Waiting to go in. I guess his face was getting tired from all the pictures...
Katy wanted her picture taken, too. I guess it's hard to not be the center of attention when you're so used to it! And what's up with her hair trying to escape the ponytail already?




And finally, Ryan's first real day of school. He gets to go all day! Yeah, Evergreen School District has decided to have the kindergartners go on A track (Mondays, Thursdays, and some Wednesdays) or B track (Tuesdays, Fridays, and the other Wednesdays) instead of Morning or Afternoon. It's to save on transportation costs. I'm still undecided about how much I like it. Today is awesome, with both boys at school all day! But tomorrow, Wednesday, and Friday Ryan has to hang out with us the whole day. At least I'm not having to drive to the school and back three times a day! And Ryan is really excited about getting to eat lunch at school.

Look at all those school supplies they wanted! It sure added up!

So now Katy and I have lots of girl time! This morning I asked her what she wanted to do for girl time, and she said "Watch d-d-Dora (can't convince her that it's just called Dora)!" I told her that she probably could. Then she told me "You play on the puter, Mommy." I guess she's figured out that I'm more likely to let her keep watching TV if I'm occupied. Silly girl!

2 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

Ha Ha Spenny always asks me to go play on the computer so he can do what ever he wants to do. ~ I guess I get a little occupied on the computer also.

miriam said...

your kids are huge. david looks like a mini danny (our brother, not your husband)