Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Let the fun begin!

We got the keys to the house yesterday! Woo-hoo! Now comes the fun (and hard) part!

This is what we started with. I am NOT a fan of yellow. So last night Dan put the kids to bed while I spent about 3.5 hours working on the kitchen. I always forget how long it takes to tape everything. I think that's the worst part of painting.


I went back over this morning after dropping David off at school and finished up the kitchen paint (I had to get more tape to finish the edges). This is how it looks now! We plan on changing so very many things as time & finances allow. First will be the floor, then door hardware, counter tops, stove, etc. We'll get it looking really nice eventually, but for now I think the green makes a huge difference!

Now we just have to paint the office, 3 bedrooms, and playroom. I would have started on something else this morning if I'd had time, but Katy got up at 6:45 this morning. She usually gets up between 7:30 and 8. So she was rather difficult. She cried most of the drive back to the apartment because she ripped her paper cup. She was able to verbalize that she was sad because her paper cup ripped when she took it off her elbow, but not able to comprehend that it didn't matter and we would get her another one as soon as we got home. Silly girl.

1 comments:

miriam said...

she looks so sad! :o(