Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blog Ketchup #7 - Girly Girl!

You know how sometimes you look forward to something for a long time, then it doesn't live up to your expectation? Having a girl isn't like that. It is SO much fun! And so different than having a boy. I'm sure I reinforce some of her girly behaviors, but I couldn't mold her to the extreme that she is.


I like to keep Halloween costumes in the dress up clothes so they can get some more use. Recently Katy discovered her Tinkerbell costume from last year (it's been in her closet the whole time we've lived here, but apparently she didn't notice...), and she really likes wearing it!

So here she is, being Tinkerbell, playing with a pink castle. And not just that, but setting up the table and chairs and putting the people in them! Not long before this picture, it was all in the closet put away. She did this all by herself!

Seriously, the boys have never done anything like this. I dont' know what I expected her to do with them, but I certainly didn't see her doing this at 2 years old. Such a little homemaker!

And please disregard the princess' birth mark. Somebody clearly messed up when painting her eyes, but thought it was good enough to sell anyways. I briefly considered taking it back, but didn't think it was worth returning the whole entire castle for one problem on the princess. So apparently this toy is also teaching us the worthwhile message of accepting others' differences...

0 comments: