Friday, September 18, 2009

More Painting (aka What were they Thinking???)

Of all the rooms that we're painting, only one was really, really ugly. Most of them were just not our taste. Katy's room, however...ugly ugly ugly!
This is the picture they put on the MLS when selling the house. It shows a bit of the orange, but doesn't fully capture how awful it was.


Why, oh why, would you do this? Somebody went out, bought this color, and painted two walls with it. At no point along the way did they say "hmm, maybe this is a bad idea"?

Now it's a nice pretty pink. Katy chose it. She likes pink. A lot.

We're going to paint over the peach with an even lighter pink. It will be so pretty!






Okay, so this room isn't necessarily ugly, but it sure is boring. The walls are actually a very pale blue. Not right for a fun playroom!

I was disappointed when I finished and it was this dark. I wanted a more fun, bright turquoise color.

So I was happy the next day when we came back and it looked like this! I plan on doing the opposite wall in this same shade, and the other two in a coordinating shade of green. Someday we'll change the carpet, but probably not until our kids are older and less dirty & gross.

So, I've worked hard, and this is all I've gotten done. Sigh. Still need to finish the playroom, finish Katy's room, and do all of our bedroom, the boys' bedroom, and the office. Hopefully I stay excited long enough to get it all done!

0 comments: