Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blog Ketchup #5 - Morrill-Style Camping!

I took a break in catching up the blog, and forgot to get back to it. That happens a lot to housework around here, too.

So last month when we were at my parents' house the boys & I went "camping." We slept in sleeping bags in a tent, so it counts. True, we didn't leave civilization (or my parents' yard...), but this is as much as I'm willing to do at this point. The kids are just too dumb right now to take somewhere where there are so many ways to get seriously hurt or lost.

David & Ryan started out VERY EXCITED! I, not so much, but an amazing mother such as I has to make sacrifices sometimes!

Here's Ryan, smiling nicely...

Here's David...um...what's wrong with him? Apparently we need to work on our "smile for a picture" skills...

See, I was there too! I realized there hasn't been a picture of me in like 12 posts. That's what happens when you're always the one holding the camera. The only pictures of you include your arms stretched out in the corners.

Here is how far we went on our camping trip. I must say, camping is much less miserable with a kitchen and a bathroom so close!


Anyhow, I tucked the boys in, then went inside to hang out until my bedtime. I imagined them being too excited to sleep and was just going to let them enjoy the experience.

Then David came in crying. They were out there thinking of all the bad things that could happen to them. They were, in particular, worried about an earthquake opening the ground under them. No why would they worry about that?

When we were setting up the tent they were talking about how a tornado could come and blow it away. I told them we don't have tornadoes here, we have earthquakes. Good going, mommy!

So I ended up reading between them until my bedtime.

And we all woke up with the sun.

Hopefully that got it out of their systems and we won't have to do that for a long time!

0 comments: