Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jump! Jump!

My family got a trampoline a really long time ago. I have a picture of me with baby Hannah on it, and she's 17 now, so it's been around a while! It is amazing how much use we have gotten out of that thing! And since the youngest member of my generation (Hannah) is only 8 1/2 years older than the oldest member of the next (David), it's been used constantly the entire time. My kids spend a LOT of time on it whenever we visit. I wondered if that would change since we got our own last Christmas, but it doesn't appear to have lessened its appeal at all! When we visited last month I don't think the kids even went inside before running over to jump!

I also must say that digital photography is wonderful. I'm just old enough to really remember having film cameras and all the stress of balancing trying to get a good shot with not wasting pictures. I frequently feel grateful that I can just snap away and delete later!

When I saw Uncle Danny out jumping with the big kids, I ran out and took a bunch of pictures. I love trampoline pictures. They're often quite entertaining! Of the pictures I took, here are my 7 favorites, and the reasons I like them:

Katy's arms, and everyone in the air at once


Ryan's height! That's some serious air!

Katy holding hands with Uncle Danny, and Ryan's arms - what the heck is he doing?


Uncle Danny about to touch the ground!


David looking like he's about to land on the others and Ryan booking it out of the way


Again with the air, Ryan!


Everyone in the air at once, and Uncle Danny holding Katy. She was just over a year when he left on his mission and didn't see him for two years, and has only seen him a couple times since he got back. It's nice that she isn't taking any time to bond with him!

0 comments: