Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ryan

While I was in Kent I wanted to take the kids over to Clark Lake (where my talented brother-in-law took our family picture that's here on the blog) to take some pictures. I haven't ever had any training or anything, I just wanted to play around and hopefully capture some nice "real" shots of them. Then we were on our way out to the car one day when I realized my parents' yard is just about as nice as any park, so I spontaneously had Ryan go stand by a tree and started shooting. I'm really happy with the cute smiles I got of him! They're pretty decent pictures, if I do say so myself! Then I did a very, very brief editing job (just brightened them up a bit) using Picasa. I'd love to learn Photoshop someday, but Picasa works for now.

He started off not all that smiley...

Then he got into it! There's a really good chance I just said "toot" or something to get such a happy laugh from him. Whatever works, ya know? Oh, and I didn't tell him to do that with the branch, he just randomly did it. I like how it looks though.

Yup, I probably said "toot" again.

Then he decided he wanted his sweatshirt on. Which is a little sad, because it looks like an Old Navy ad from now on...

Decided to try again for a few vertical shots.

I like this cute face, even though it isn't a big smile!

So all in all, I think they turned out pretty well. I think I'll print out one of the close ups (pre-bright red sweatshirt) and see how it looks on the wall. Oh, and I have pictures of the other kids as well. You'll just have to wait to see them! ;-)

0 comments: