Friday, July 8, 2011

trying to get a picture in which all 4 children simultaneously look nice

After my somewhat successful "photo shoots" with the 3 big kids individually, we went to the park. Then we came home (to Grandma & Grandpa's house) and had dinner. Then I tried to get one of all 4 together. It had been enough time that the kids weren't antsy from their individuals, but MAN ALIVE was it hard! Here are the most noteworthy:

We start off with Molly in the way, which the kids think is hilarious. Good, now just get the dog out of the way and capture those nice smiles!


Well, the big kids are all smiling pretty nicely. But the posing isn't great (is it just me or does Ryan look huge?), and Nathan is looking the wrong way.

It mostly went downhill from there. Not 1 person looks great here. Although I do love the expression on Nathan's face!



Really nice of Ryan & David, Katy smiling but in the wrong direction...and I finally notice the girl on the trampoline who has been there for a few shots (Aunt Hannah was babysitting at the house).

So I switch directions, and now Ryan is extra huge! Gotta rearrange...

Nah, let's try moving somewhere else...


Whoa, that's quite the fake smile Katy!

As I'm going through these I'm really enjoying Nathan's expressions. He needs some thought bubbles or something. You can just see him thinking "Sigh...I sure wish these crazy people would leave me alone."


Nom on those fists, buddy!

Finally, a fairly decent one. All 4 children looking at the camera, and the 3 big kids with fairly nice smiles. Well, I'll try again sometime. That's the great thing about digital pictures, I can just keep trying til I get something nice!

0 comments: