Friday, June 5, 2009

5K!!!


Today I ran 3.1 miles for the first time in a decade, possibly ever! I ran with the High School Cross Country team a few times one summer, which is the only other time I may have run that far. Yay for me! I started jogging last year, and only made it about half a mile the first time. I've slowly added distance, and had lots of times when I couldn't do it regularly (moving twice, Holidays, etc.). I'm doing a 5K on July 11th, and I've been working up to it. Today I just decided to go for it! I made it in 28:53, which is a 9:20 miles pace! It was a really nice temperature for running, and it started sprinkling right after I stopped. I was really red faced and sweaty, not sure why it didn't show up in the pictures...


Not only did I run 5K, I did it like this - pushing Katy in the stroller and holding Molly's leash. Ryan gets to play at the playground, and I leave Katy for the last lap or two. Which is actually really nice, to have it suddenly get easier right when I'm reaching the end. And it's nice to "train" with the stroller, so it'll be easier when I actually do the race! And now I know I can do it!

2 comments:

The A Team Mom said...

Way to go!!!

miriam said...

I would come and do it with you, but I live too far away and have too many trips across the state this summer already. Good luck!