Friday, June 26, 2009

We love the OMSI!

A couple days ago I worked really hard to get the house clean. Then yesterday I took the kids to the park in the morning, then we had a ward potluck at the park for dinner. It took very little effort to get the house clean again. A lightbulb went on! I am now going to try and spend more of the kids' playtime at other places. That way there's less work to do around here!

So today after running I decided we should go to the OMSI. Daddy left his lunch at home, and it's not very far from the OMSI, so we stopped there on our way. It was fun to see him! Then we headed to the OMSI, and had lots of fun!

We've never gone in the Chemistry lab before, it was pretty cool. I especially liked how cute all my scientists looked.
Here we were doing a thing where you color with a few different markers on a piece of paper, then hang it in a beaker with water in the bottom. As the water creeped up the paper it made the ink bleed, and the different inks bled differently. It was pretty interesting to watch! And I'm not the only one who thought so -
Here David had just told me "This is more fun than watching a movie!" Seriously, THAT is saying something! ;-)
And since Katy's face isn't visible in the group shot, I took another one. Her face is too pretty to not see!
Then we headed to the science playground, and Katy & I went to do play dough. I made this little person for her, and she said "A baby!" and gave it a kiss! Awwww.
Ryan & David spent a while being chipmunks storing acorns in their tree. Hey, whatever keeps them busy!
I made David pause to take a picture of the back. And you can see Chipmunk Ryan in the corner of the picture, too!
Then we played in the sand. Do all mother's think their daughters are as beautiful as I think mine is? I sure think this little girl is adorable!
Then there's Ryan, always trying to fill up the colander. Seriously, he does it every time. I think he likes the mountain it makes under it. I hope he isn't really trying to fill it up. I would have to rethink all my assumptions about his intelligence...

1 comments:

miriam said...

I've done that marker stuff before. It is cool! I like that Katy has pink goggles.