Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to Katy!

Two years ago today I woke up and went to church, just to have my water break during Relief Society! I hurried home, frantically cleaned house (since I was planning on being induced two days later and spending the next day preparing), then headed in to meet my beautiful baby girl!

Apparently I even thought it was worth cleaning out my purse. Weirdo.

Six hours after that, here's Katy's first picture ever! When David was born I kept saying "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!" When Ryan was born I kept saying "He's so little!" because he was 3 weeks early and 1 1/2 pounds smaller than David had been. When Katy was born I just kept asking "Is it really a girl? Is it really a girl?" They finally checked - yup! We had our little girl!

Later that night, cleaned up and beautified!

Katy's first birthday! Already into all things pink and pretty!

And this is the most recent picture I have of Katy on the computer right now, almost a month ago. She is so pretty and sweet and wonderful! We couldn't custom-make a better little girl. From her appearance (curly blond hair, blue eyes with long lashes, and tall with just the right amount of baby softness) to her personality (so obedient and kind, always saying "thanks!" and giving hugs), she is pretty close to perfect.

Happy Birthday Katy! We love you so much!

3 comments:

miriam said...

Happy Birthday Miss Kathryn!

bizzymomma said...

who could forget you running out of relief society saying "my water broke". I don't think we heard much of the lesson after that. What a fun memory.

Happy Birthday Katy!!

Nadine said...

Oh my, she looks like little Miriam in the most recent photo with all that curly hair! What a sweetie. Happy birthday Katy!