Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jog Blog Ramble

You know when I think about blogging the most? When I jog. Which, luckily, has been more lately. You know, I did really, really well at consistently jogging during the time we were in the apartment. Then around the beginning of September last year I stopped jogging to save my energy for packing. Then painting the new house. Then unpacking. Then it was rainy, and I didn't know where to run, and it was the Holidays...it's been hard to get back into the routine. Two weeks ago I ran three days and felt great about it, so I signed myself up for the race on May 1st. Then within a few days I forgot, and started skipping it again. Thursday afternoon somebody asked me how my training was going, so I got back in gear! I ran 2 miles on Friday, 3 miles on Saturday, and 3 miles on Monday. And after being sore & achy after Friday & Saturday, I felt fine after Monday! Yay! I might survive running a 5K in only a week and a half!


I have to say, one of the hardest parts of running for me is how bored I get. I listen to music, and it helps a lot, but I still find myself wanting to be doing other things. And not always goof off things. Sometimes I start thinking about all the many jobs that need to be done around the house, and I start feeling all anxious to get started. There's a lot of things that need to be done to our yard within the next few months (since we moved in last September, we haven't really had a chance to do anything yet!), and that comes into my brain a lot. Sometimes I'll see a nice looking yard, and it motivates me to get to work to make ours look nice too. Sometimes I'll see a yucky looking yard, and I want to work hard to have ours not look like that! When I have a good jog, it's usually followed by me getting something good accomplished, time permitting. Monday, for example, I took down our Christmas lights! Yes, they were still up. Yes, it was very embarrassing. The desire, motivation, time, weather, etc. just hadn't lined up. Now they're down!

So, as I said at first, I've been thinking about blogging while I've been jogging. It's becoming a stressful why-am-I-sucking-at-this thing. The thing is, I have a folder on the computer with several posts worth of pictures. So I'm going to hurry and do some, and set them to post one a day for a while. Many of them will be a couple months overdue. But they will be done, and I will feel good about that. And tomorrow when I jog I can think about how great that is!

0 comments: