Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nice weather we've been having, eh?

The first winter after we moved to the Northwest was not quite as temperate as I had talked it up to be. Seriously, lots of snow and ice and general yuckiness. Dan thought I lied about the weather, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

This winter, however, has been a much different story! Several times a week I think to myself "ah...this is why we left Utah." Especially with all the snow my Utah friends have been complaining about.

See, these pictures were taken on March 6th. Yes, the beginning of MARCH! The children are playing outside in short sleeves! I would like to explain that the reason Katy is wearing a snow hat is because David came outside a hat. So Ryan went and got a hat. So of course Katy had to get a hat, and that's what she found!


Of course, it hasn't been consistently this beautiful, but there have been days like this fairly regularly. Yesterday Ryan came up and asked if he could go play outside. Um, the answer for that will almost never be no! Have fun!


Oh, and yes, our yard looks horrible. Much, much work to do. Thanks for reminding me...

1 comments:

miriam said...

eh? what are you? canadian?
you are crazy.
but you have you cute kids.